16 Bit Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 Bit Comics- Dedicated to the Nerds

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
+12
Detective Conan
SamaT
Da Don Dotta
MajorDodo
P.S.A
Admin
Penn Pad
Ron
Rzah
Arii
Hypa-Link
X
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MajorDodo

MajorDodo

Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 8:51 pm

Exactly! Private servers ftw.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Lol they update as frequent as official game?
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:06 pm

360>>>>PS3 and 360 has more RPG's, adventures, everything really. Prolly puzzle games too.

Only exclusives I'd want a PS3 for are Ratchet and Clank, and God of War.

360 I'd want

Naruto: Rise of Ninja Series
The multiplatform games like SFIV are a little better, and sports games like NBA 2K9 are ALOT better, ever since the PS2/Xbox days. Call of Duty 4, PS3's controller is fail in shooters, thumbstick is not in the right place, lol)
Halo
Gears of War
Lost Planet
Bioshock(At the time, even tho it's coming for PS3, buying it for 360 for $25>>>>buying an old game for PS3 for $60)
Can play music during any game, which if they were tied would easily be the tie breaker, etc.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Lol shooters

and Bioshock is already on ps3 i thought.
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 9:52 pm

SamaT wrote:
Lol shooters

and Bioshock is already on ps3 i thought.

If it did it was a rerelease.

I think they're getting Bioshock 2 tho.
Back to top Go down
Detective Conan

Detective Conan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi, my name is Lamar.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Well...all i know is better games will be made on ps3. Early development games just don't do it Justice. Most don't anyway. And let 360 have their year headstart (for releases and a years worth of experience for developers).

You guys can have your red rings of death and shooters

All i know is you will not find videos like this for the 360

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIYwOSUYND8
Back to top Go down
Detective Conan

Detective Conan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:01 pm

Lol 360>PS3.

Sony even knows it. Thats why they developed their online setup with a format that almost mirrors xbox live. and it took em over a year to do it. And they still haven't gotten it right lol.

Also, the PS3 is barely a gaming system. Its developed, like the psp, as an entertainment device, with the feature of gaming. Which is why there arent as many good games for it. I mean think about it.

I bet we all know people with ps3's who use them, but not for primarily for games.

I know people who bought the ps3 solely because of the blu-ray player, and never play any games.

How many people do you know that use 360's primarily for watching movies?

I don't know any.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 pm

Lolwut?

Did you not watch the vids? Everything im saying is in those vids. (give or take part 4)

B/c someone bought it for blueray movies means it can't potentially be the best system?

Since when does xbl or psn MAKE the game system? Online maybe but PSN does not suck lol. And keep paying 50$ a year if you want.

Lol welcome to the forum Conan and plz watch the vids.

Lol this is getting too off topic this will be my last post about this in this thread.

THE VIDS ARE ENLIGHTENING!!!!

GAMES ANYONE? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RA-06XIDrLs
Back to top Go down
X

X

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2009 11:41 pm

I FUCKING LOVE YOU, man. ^^^

YOU win. i used to be So alone with these discussions on LoW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/nobodi
Arii

Arii

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 10:36 am

Alone for a reason. As it stands, the 360 has a better collection of games for an owner like myself. More RPG's, the better shooters, and Live is the best online experience available for a console.

Couple that with the upcoming release schedule, and the controller, it's just overall the better system. For now, anyway. Sony is doing its damndest, but the majority of things they are releasing are either multi-platform, or heavy niche games. Right now, it is a common fact that developers hate developing for the Ps3, even now. It's incredibly intricate, and there's much more than can do, much more quickly on the 360, and the Wii.

They have their fair share of things I want to play, but not enough to warrant the heavy price of the system just yet. 400 bucks just isn't worth it yet.

I'll pick one up eventually.

Yahtzee said it best though; the problem is, that most people are so poor that they can only purchase one of the systems, and spend the majority of the time assuring and reassuring themselves for their purchase, and trying to maintain mental stability in the face of perhaps thinking they made the wrong choice.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Preference is a large factor REGARDLESS of what is better. But honestly..price is not an issue when it comes to what system. I guess you COULD buy the arcade model....but seriously.

Only thing that costs less is core system and games that have been out for a year or two.

Controllers? Play and charge = more. Dont give me wired cuz ps3 has wired also (for cheaper).

Xbl? Rofl...

Headsets? Bluetooth = 20$ Wired for 360..fail. Wireless headset for 360..FAAAILLLL.

Wireless adapter? Lmao 360 does have a HUGE wireless adapter (half the size of ps2 slim) for 29.99 so no worrys..no more ethernet cords or 99.99 wireless adapter from microsoft.

Hardrive? Hm..ps3's 500gb for 99.99 or 360 120gb for 139.99 LOL!!!!!!

Between all this you're PAYING THE PRICE of a ps3 lol.

Not to mention the time u miss playing while you're fixing those red rings.

Only real reason to get one is to get those exclusive shooters or ALL THOSE Halo games. Cuz alot of those rps/action/adventure games are coming out on ps3. Another reason is if you really really wana pay for xbl.

You really do have more variety on ps3. Heavy (even light) niche games a what keep variety in play. I really dont want my library of games (some of which i paid 60$ for) to be very similar, unless they're sequels.

And you say the 360 has a better upcoming release schedule? Lol did you not see the vid. That vid doesnt even include some E3 titles. Just about everything you saw at microsoft's E3...YOU KNEW ABOUT!! You keep saying 360 has MORE games. Lol it should a whole year headstart. Give the ps3 the same chance you gave 360.....ownage.

Thing with the developers...crytek announced about a month ago that it has "maxed out" the ps3's hardware for Crysis 2. Although not much detail has been given. Of course..they siad the same thing for GoW1, but BAM GoW2 comes out. If you want the link i'll find it again. It will be interesting cuz Crysis 2 is also on 360. Hmm..

But it all come's down to preference. Hey nothing wrong with liking those games. 360 is a good system, but when you stack facts vs facts ps3 just stacks up more. (We'll know more with Crysis 2)

Last edited by SamaT on Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put in headsets)
Back to top Go down
SoliceTK

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Arii wrote:
My name is Arii... uh huh!

I am the best!

Uh huh!

I make Tsunade! Uh huh! Show me her chessstt! Uh huh!

^ That guy is win, lol

Sup yall Tyler here, my homie SamaT told me about this place and here I am.
I loooooooooooove pizza and video games. Even more than women (don't hate it saves a lot more $$ and stress imo)

AIM: striderzerotk

Off Topic: Friggin emoticons laggin my typing up O_O
Back to top Go down
Detective Conan

Detective Conan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Hey was SamaT on Low?
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Nah i wasn't, lol i don't even know what that is?

Edit:NVM i know what it is.

Lol why do you ask?
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:19 am

SamaT wrote:
Well...all i know is better games will be made on ps3. Early development games just don't do it Justice. Most don't anyway. And let 360 have their year headstart (for releases and a years worth of experience for developers).

It's 2009? If they don't have it by now, they'll never get it.

And Gears 2 looks as good or better than any PS3 game.

So will Halo Reach.

Detective Conan wrote:
Hi, my name is Lamar.

LAMAR!

And he brought up a good point. The PSp is the "best handheld", only power wise.

Power does NOT= the best.

And that's all the PS3 has.

Also, historically the most powerful system has been failing.

Ask Dreamcast, Xbox, PSP, PS3, etc.
Back to top Go down
Penn Pad
Penn Pad

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Hypa-Link wrote:
SamaT wrote:

So will Halo Reach.

Detective Conan wrote:
Hi, my name is Lamar.

LAMAR!

And he brought up a good point. The PSp is the "best handheld", only power wise.

WTF are you talking about?

PSP is highly successful

the DS is only getting 60% of the sales

while the psp is getting 40%

take that into an equation and you get this

$129.99 x.60=$78
$199.99 x.40=$80

so even if the DS sales more (like it has been)
the PSP will be getting more money...
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Naw, because everyone buying a PSP is hacking it, to then play Nintendo gameboy/DS/playstation games.

Sony can only make money from the software, and like the PS3, PSP's prolly taking a loss from each handheld sold as well.

Where as people buying DS, are getting Nintendo a huge profit from games like Pokemon ALONE.

Also, don't know where you got those percentages from but here's a recent NPD sales list.

June 2009 Sales: DS, Prototype Get Your Money The NPD Group released their June sales data for North America on Thursday and surprise surprise, the DS and Wii won in hardware sales. The software sales has several new faces, though.
Hardware Sales:

1. Nintendo DS - 766.5K
2. Nintendo Wii - 361.7K
3. Xbox 360 - 240.6K
4. PlayStation 3 - 164.7K
5. PSP - 163.5K
6. PlayStation 2 - 152.7K

lol, not only is this far more than 60/40, they've been outselling them like this from day one.

At the very least 65/35 but probably more like 70/30 or 75-25.

Also, PSp games are NEVER in the top selling software titles, EVER.

With like 1-2 PS3 games(Mulitplatform) in the list, like 3-4 multi plat 360 games, 1-2 exclusive 360 games, and about 4-5 Wii games and 2-4 DS games in the top selling games, every month.

And without Software, Sony's definitely losing money, especially with the PS3 losing it money at unbelievable levels!
Back to top Go down
Penn Pad
Penn Pad

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Hypa-Link wrote:
Naw, because everyone buying a PSP is hacking it, to then play Nintendo gameboy/DS/playstation games.

Sony can only make money from the software, and like the PS3, PSP's prolly taking a loss from each handheld sold as well.

Where as people buying DS, are getting Nintendo a huge profit from games like Pokemon ALONE.

Also, don't know where you got those percentages from but here's a recent NPD sales list.

June 2009 Sales: DS, Prototype Get Your Money The NPD Group released their June sales data for North America on Thursday and surprise surprise, the DS and Wii won in hardware sales. The software sales has several new faces, though.
Hardware Sales:

1. Nintendo DS - 766.5K
2. Nintendo Wii - 361.7K
3. Xbox 360 - 240.6K
4. PlayStation 3 - 164.7K
5. PSP - 163.5K
6. PlayStation 2 - 152.7K

lol, not only is this far more than 60/40, they've been outselling them like this from day one.

At the very least 65/35 but probably more like 70/30 or 75-25.

Also, PSp games are NEVER in the top selling software titles, EVER.

With like 1-2 PS3 games(Mulitplatform) in the list, like 3-4 multi plat 360 games, 1-2 exclusive 360 games, and about 4-5 Wii games and 2-4 DS games in the top selling games, every month.

And without Software, Sony's definitely losing money, especially with the PS3 losing it money at unbelievable levels!

they also have TV's and computers, Jason

not just handhelds and systems

I'm not gonna lie, if the PS3 would've pushed for better titles I would have gotten that instead of the 360
but it didn't happen

and the fact that I have both the DS and the PSP and rarely play the DS should tell you which is better.
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm not talking about Sony going bankrupt.

I'm talkin bout the PS3 and PSP not making money, and making Sony lose money.

And you not playing the DS makes you ghey.

Everyone knows it's better.

I'd love a PSP to hack and play roms tho.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Hypa-Link wrote:
SamaT wrote:

So will Halo Reach.

Detective Conan wrote:
Hi, my name is Lamar.

LAMAR!

Meh we can look at history all we want. Dreamcast got killed by piracy..I participated. Psp is not failing (DS's don't even need to be hacked). Lol ps3 is getting games. Good games. It all depends on how you go about using that power. 360 rushed their system out..which is why its less complex..and why you have a shit load of red rings.

And lolwut at ps3 not having what now? I mean it does take longer to program for ps3 and it came out a YEAR later. But lol it really will be/is worth that wait. They WILL get it. When is xbox 720 comin out? No time soon. Lol ps3 will w/o a doubt get there.

And as for gears looking just as good as Uncharted (cant really compare it to killzone 2, too much city) then take an even better look:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game-consoles-smackdown/64253-uncharted-vs-gears-war-looks-better.html

Lol just you wait for those other games.
As for Halo reach we shall see.

Just realize ps3 is not far behind in quality games. And games only get better when time passes. Look at the ps2 launch games and compare em to ones released within the past 2-3 years. Simply amazing. Ps3 is coming..oh doncha worry bout that. But as for now i'll give you your shooter games. Gears and Halo and what have you. They are some of the best games (shooters) on the market right now. Lol enjoy the world of master cheif over and over again.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Sorry that was GoW1...here's GoW2

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=52008
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:26 pm

SamaT wrote:
Hypa-Link wrote:
SamaT wrote:

So will Halo Reach.

Detective Conan wrote:
Hi, my name is Lamar.

LAMAR!

Meh we can look at history all we want. Dreamcast got killed by piracy..I participated. Psp is not failing (DS's don't even need to be hacked). Lol ps3 is getting games. Good games. It all depends on how you go about using that power. 360 rushed their system out..which is why its less complex..and why you have a shit load of red rings.

And lolwut at ps3 not having what now? I mean it does take longer to program for ps3 and it came out a YEAR later. But lol it really will be/is worth that wait. They WILL get it. When is xbox 720 comin out? No time soon. Lol ps3 will w/o a doubt get there.

And as for gears looking just as good as Uncharted (cant really compare it to killzone 2, too much city) then take an even better look:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/game-consoles-smackdown/64253-uncharted-vs-gears-war-looks-better.html

Lol just you wait for those other games.
As for Halo reach we shall see.

Just realize ps3 is not far behind in quality games. And games only get better when time passes. Look at the ps2 launch games and compare em to ones released within the past 2-3 years. Simply amazing. Ps3 is coming..oh doncha worry bout that. But as for now i'll give you your shooter games. Gears and Halo and what have you. They are some of the best games (shooters) on the market right now. Lol enjoy the world of master cheif over and over again.

lol, coming out a year later means squat.

Wii came out after the PS3, and it overtook the 360 in worldwide sales.

Wii started off with great titles, on a weaker system(Brawl>>>any 360 or PS3 title), and it's main weakness being lacking 3rd party support.

But yet still is getting more and more and more sleeper hits and quality exclusives.

Like I said, it's 2009. PS3 has already lost this console battle.

The Reason PS2 raped was cuz it

1. Came out way before Cube and Xbox
2. BECAUSE of that headstart, it acquired everything from Gran Turismo to Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy(Cuz of the previous headstart with playstation and stealing that series from Nintendo, along with Metal Gear)

The 360, took notes, came out first, and since they have the money lured away a lot of those exclusives from Sony.

They were too busy trying to be zomg powerful, and calling their console a "super computer", that they lost the only thing that got them their success in the first place.

Early starts, gaining a fast installed base, and acquiring/stealing exclusives.

And of course copying WHATEVER Nintendo does, and not having the ability to create any good ideas of their own, and when they do, it fails horribly(Like their E3 2005 Boomerang controller, or their trying to copy Wii's mii's and user created interface, by making it 3-D and all this great sounding/looking stuff, yet completed FAILED, lol)

They're only hope is to drop PS4 before everyone else, but that also won't happen cuz they call their "super computer, a 10 year console, so they'll be losing money for the next 6-7 years.

And Nintendo's next console will drop before either of there's, and their monopoly shall begin in 2011.
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:29 pm

Also, gears looked better than Uncharted in half of those pictures.

And that was gears ONE.

Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 Concrete

LOL, that top pic doesn't even COMPARE to the bottom one.

And anyways, gears 2 is photorealistic. Doesn't get much better than that.

And gears is a 10000x better game than Uncharted anyway, which is what matters.

Same thing with Call of Duty 4. This game looks PERFECT to me, and I'm playing on a REGULAR TV.

Boasting about power only works for the first 5 minutes, specially when the different in power is so minuscule, it doesn't make much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Coming out a year later DOES mean something lol. You even gave reasons yourself (albeit reasons involving history).

And on top of all those reasons. The DOES/DID take a little bit longer to learn to program for (they are getting better). Couple that with it coming out a year behind. Yea..ok..

And why in the world would you bring the wii into it. Most sales dont = best system. Wii really drove off into a tangent appealing to the casual gamer.

Das kinda like saying "yea lets buy this pile of shit" its not better. But more ppl bought it.
Idc which has more popularity with the fans. I want fucking variety. SHOOTERSHOOTERSHOOTER
and HALOHALOHALO will just NOT cut it for me.

Personally i could care less on who wins the console war...gimme best you have to offer. Where ever more of the goods are..send me there.

And lol he copy and pasted the one of the floor. ROFL...Gears looks better??..OMGGG LMAO.
Only thing gears has thats really better are the faces.

I would have a poll but i can see there's bias in the air already.

And the difference in power is not minuscule lol just read up.

Losing money for the next ten years? Parts get cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next