16 Bit Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 Bit Comics- Dedicated to the Nerds

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
+12
Detective Conan
SamaT
Da Don Dotta
MajorDodo
P.S.A
Admin
Penn Pad
Ron
Rzah
Arii
Hypa-Link
X
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Chiaro

Chiaro

Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:21 pm

MajorDodo wrote:

Guild Wars doesnt offer the same level of PVP or player interaction. It instances all out of town encounters, which is gay.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA...slow down there buddy!

If anything, Guild Wars has superior PvP to World of Warcraft. It allows you to create a character fresh at level 20 just for playing other people, and everything is balanced out with armor/skills -- as opposed to having to make a character at level 1, work your way up to 80 while farming the same instances to get that 0.01% chance of getting the armor set you NEED to beat everyone else.

Guild Wars was made on the premise of skill > time played.

Player interaction, on the other hand, is what you make it. Unlike PvP, it is solely subjective, so it's not something I can just debunk.
Back to top Go down
http://giovannispina.net
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Chiaro wrote:
Chiaro here. GreatG on NGGF.

Oh yea!
Back to top Go down
Arii

Arii

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:44 pm

Frank Elle wrote:
Hey Chiaro. What's up.

I don't know you, but welcome to the boards.

Indeed.

Soon to be a bigger board. VBulletin-like. Been busy, give me another couple of days.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MajorDodo

MajorDodo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:54 am

CHIARO!!!!! XD XD XD XD

Also you sir are mistaken. WoW allows you to pvp at any level. The Arena is geared towards lvl 80 characters. But the Battle grounds can be utilised by anyone lvl 10 or higher, with the players being allocated to others in the same 10 level block.
Open world pvp is where it really beats Guild Wars. The ability to get your mates together and go attack the opposing faction's head quarters, have epic battles in random places is what I enjoyed the most about it.

Although to be fair, from what I hear nowadays all anyone does is PvE Raids and Arena.
Back to top Go down
Penn Pad
Penn Pad

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am

so I guess I'm the only one here he don't play MMO's
Back to top Go down
Arii

Arii

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:33 am

Penn Pad wrote:

Rofl you barely play videogames, much less MMO's. Go get me some comics bish.

I don't play those MMo's either though. Mouse and Keyboard control schemes are abysmal, and WoW just doesn't interest me in the slightest bit. I had more fun in Maple Story. Joystick support, non-Lord of the Rings textures, and it was just fun.

Looking for a non point and click MMO to play these days actually. Sad that they just dont exist. Mouse and Keyboard for the ultimate loss.
Back to top Go down
Penn Pad
Penn Pad

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Arii wrote:
Penn Pad wrote:

I don't play those MMo's either though. Mouse and Keyboard control schemes are abysmal, and WoW just doesn't interest me in the slightest bit. I had more fun in Maple Story. Joystick support, non-Lord of the Rings textures, and it was just fun.

Looking for a non point and click MMO to play these days actually. Sad that they just dont exist. Mouse and Keyboard for the ultimate loss.

that is true...time for me to step up....later...lolz
Back to top Go down
Frank Elle

Frank Elle

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:56 pm

Arii wrote:
Penn Pad wrote:

Try Gunz.

It's an MMO but you wield a gun and sword to strike people down. No farming or pointing and clicking. Although, I take it you're not fond of using the keyboard and mouse to play.
Back to top Go down
MajorDodo

MajorDodo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Chiaro... maplestory is the shit! I just cbf downloading it again.
Im playing a multiplayer mod for a game called Freelancer atm, the mode completely reworked the game to much more balanced for multiplayer its awsome.
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 8:47 am

Yea Ari, these two know their MMO shizznizzle.

I want someone to make a game like that, cept for 360.

ZOMG.

My homie played a game called Rakeon or Raqium or somethin a few years ago, looked DOPE.

Like Ninja Gaiden Lite gameplay, with random other people playing and leveling up and stuff.

That + Xbox Live= Win.
Back to top Go down
Penn Pad
Penn Pad

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:52 pm

Hypa-Link wrote:

ZOMG.

My homie played a game called Rakeon or Raqium or somethin a few years ago, looked DOPE.

Like Ninja Gaiden Lite gameplay, with random other people playing and leveling up and stuff.

That + Xbox Live= Win.

You're not talking about Ragnorock, are you?
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 8:25 pm

Possibly, but I KNOW it ended in an M/N, and started with an R.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 12:02 pm

Penn Pad wrote:
Hypa-Link wrote:

ZOMG.

That + Xbox Live= Win.

You're not talking about Ragnorock, are you?

He's talkin about Rakion

That game on ANY console with a sufficient online service would be win...
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 am

Hell yea. Don't know why someone hasn't made an MMORPG style game like that yet, cept for a console.

Dumbass developers. They'd be rich.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce Yourself!   Introduce Yourself! - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce Yourself!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6