16 Bit Comics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 Bit Comics- Dedicated to the Nerds

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Go down 
+5
Arii
SamaT
X
Ron
Hypa-Link
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
SamaT

SamaT

Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:54 am

Lol brawl has been out for a year?

How long was melee out b4 it got featured?
Back to top Go down
Arii

Arii

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 12:57 am

It's been out since last March. Over a year now.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 1:59 am

oh my bad 16 months...not 12

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Arii

Arii

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 2:37 am

17 coming soon if that makes you feel any better.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 3:30 am

lol your the one whose lookin to feel better...idc

lets just say its been out for 1-1.5 years...

everyone's happy...
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:11 pm

P.S.A wrote:
so I've heard that pussies in Smashboards wanna ban Metaknight from all levels of competition....really?

I don't see why they should....if you are a REALLY good tourney player...you shoul be able to devise a scheme to defeat Metaknight.

Good Metaknight players always pwn me though...he is top-tier for a reason....but you don't hear pussies wanting to ban Sagat from SF4 now, huh?

Wow that's ghey.

And people complain about Sagat all day.

LOL, Don complains bout Ryu every second.

But banning Mertaknight would be gay. Brawl is as balanced as you can get in a fighter.

And he's #1 tier? Since when? Starting to miss the days when Sheik and Fox were #1 Tier. lol
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 02, 2009 9:14 pm

P.S.A wrote:
Frank Elle wrote:
P.S.A wrote:
oh wow....I caught a lot of the tourney on shoryuken.com...haven't found footage of Brawl yet....nor were there any results posted from EVO for Brawl.

not sure how to call it then....it's doesn't sound like a full-on pledge of support from EVO since it's a partnership...doesn't look like it was an official part of EVO...not even coordinated by EVO staff.

*looks at EVO site official game logos* Street Fighter 4...HD Remix...Soul Calibur 4...MvC2...Guilty Gear...nope no Brawl. It's like....Brawl players were given their lil corner to play and then told to stick to it and zip it...and it sounds like they did.

besides, for competitive play...I kinda prefer Melee > Brawl

*flame shield*

It wasn't a featured tourney. It was a side tourney run by All Is Brawl, probably in the 'bring your own console' area.

and Smash was featured two years ago, but people from Smashboards hated how it was run because it had items on low spawn and evo banned some of the items.

But the Smashboards showed how immature they are by not even considering or talking about the format Evo wanted.

sooooo.....that means....Melee was featured! good enough for me...lol.

Melee > Brawl

*Flame Shield X2*

putting my humor aside...wow...I didn't hear about that...it seems like Smashboards in general are a bunch of immature pussies really...I think I was put on once (through Jason)...and yeah, plenty peeps were acting like lil kids.

it seems EVO respected Melee...don't know about Brawl though....if it's because of Brawl itself or if Smash Bros. ran a bad taste in Evo's mouth after what happened prior...maybe a mix of both?

Brawl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Melee as a game, by far.

Now from a STRICT, TECHNICAL aspect, it could be argued, that melee was more "tournyish", especially with people exploiting the wave dashing as an advanced technique, and my personal fave, L Canceling.

But Brawl is a far more balanced.

People like Kirby and Bowser and Mewtwo sucked BOOTY.

People like Pichu were just rape waiting to happen.

people like Sheik seem less "godly" in Brawl, while people like Kirby, Bowser, game &Watch are a lot better.
Back to top Go down
P.S.A

P.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:00 am

Hypa-Link wrote:
P.S.A wrote:
so I've heard that pussies in Smashboards wanna ban Metaknight from all levels of competition....really?

I don't see why they should....if you are a REALLY good tourney player...you shoul be able to devise a scheme to defeat Metaknight.

Good Metaknight players always pwn me though...he is top-tier for a reason....but you don't hear pussies wanting to ban Sagat from SF4 now, huh?

Wow that's ghey.

And people complain about Sagat all day.

LOL, Don complains bout Ryu every second.

But banning Mertaknight would be gay. Brawl is as balanced as you can get in a fighter.

And he's #1 tier? Since when? Starting to miss the days when Sheik and Fox were #1 Tier. lol

wow....I'm surprised you haven't notice...in high-levels of play....in a sense it's #1 Metaknight & #2 Snake vs. the rest.

that's what the whole metagame is about right now....how to defeat Metaknight and Snake.

I can kinda understand...those characters are indeed very good....but to ban Metaknight is a bit of a reach IMO.
Back to top Go down
P.S.A

P.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:03 am

Hypa-Link wrote:
P.S.A wrote:
Frank Elle wrote:
P.S.A wrote:
oh wow....I caught a lot of the tourney on shoryuken.com...haven't found footage of Brawl yet....nor were there any results posted from EVO for Brawl.

not sure how to call it then....it's doesn't sound like a full-on pledge of support from EVO since it's a partnership...doesn't look like it was an official part of EVO...not even coordinated by EVO staff.

*looks at EVO site official game logos* Street Fighter 4...HD Remix...Soul Calibur 4...MvC2...Guilty Gear...nope no Brawl. It's like....Brawl players were given their lil corner to play and then told to stick to it and zip it...and it sounds like they did.

besides, for competitive play...I kinda prefer Melee > Brawl

*flame shield*

It wasn't a featured tourney. It was a side tourney run by All Is Brawl, probably in the 'bring your own console' area.

and Smash was featured two years ago, but people from Smashboards hated how it was run because it had items on low spawn and evo banned some of the items.

But the Smashboards showed how immature they are by not even considering or talking about the format Evo wanted.

sooooo.....that means....Melee was featured! good enough for me...lol.

Melee > Brawl

*Flame Shield X2*

putting my humor aside...wow...I didn't hear about that...it seems like Smashboards in general are a bunch of immature pussies really...I think I was put on once (through Jason)...and yeah, plenty peeps were acting like lil kids.

it seems EVO respected Melee...don't know about Brawl though....if it's because of Brawl itself or if Smash Bros. ran a bad taste in Evo's mouth after what happened prior...maybe a mix of both?

Brawl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Melee as a game, by far.

Now from a STRICT, TECHNICAL aspect, it could be argued, that melee was more "tournyish", especially with people exploiting the wave dashing as an advanced technique, and my personal fave, L Canceling.

But Brawl is a far more balanced.

People like Kirby and Bowser and Mewtwo sucked BOOTY.

People like Pichu were just rape waiting to happen.

people like Sheik seem less "godly" in Brawl, while people like Kirby, Bowser, game &Watch are a lot better.

that's pretty much why I like Melee a bit more than Brawl.

Melee is more of a tourney fighter than Brawl IMO....which is what I like. I tend to disregard the swap-palette characters in Melee....so I don't have a problem with that.

I really like technical fighting games...and Melee feels more like that kind of game than Brawl does to me. Although I will say, I LOVE using Diddy Kong in Brawl....he's the best when it comes to technical skill out of all the characters in the game by far.
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Yea with the L cancelling and stuff it does have a slight edge in the seperation between vets and n00bs.

Which is always good.

I feel they improved on alotta things as well.

Multiple air parrying is better by far, except for people like Snake and such, it's more balanced.

There's still a few super technical things hehehe, being a Link user I'm up on the latest.

One of my dudes on Smashboards(before he got semi famous), made some combo vids, and Link can do some advanced stuff.

I'm talking using his grappling hook WHILE he's holding a bomb, the advantages of his Z-air(Grappling hook in the air, which was never like that in melee), as well as probably the coolest thing I've seen, do his Up-Smash Triple Sword Slash WHILE sliding on the floor.

Very Happy

And then of course there's the features, graphics, 1P Mode, but those don't really matter in this discussion.

But yea, Link can do some nifty shiz in this game that only he can do.

And he was a horrible wave dasher in melee, so eh, I guess losing L Canceling for his new exclusive techs is worth it.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:26 pm

I love using link in brawl...and yea..he can attack while he has a bomb in his hand.

But..as far a technical skill goes...the main reason there were "gods" in melee was b/c melee was a bag of glitches that just got excepted in high level play. B/c these "advanced techs" were not intentional..it allowed for more characters to be better than the others..which is lame.

And i will say it WAS harder to get back on the stage in melee..and when u did..you really felt what the background audience was saying *GASP*

But...it was gay how..all the person on the stage had to do was either hit you once while you're both off the stage..or KEEP hitting you while you're tryin to come back..you will see THE SAME SHIT over and over...

I feel more accomplished when i make it back on the stage in melee then in brawl.

But when i pull off a string a moves that my opponent had the chance to react pretty much THE WHOLE TIME. Oh hell yea...you just kicked ass while your opponent was digging through all the options he had and you STILL won.

That's more fulfilling to me.
Back to top Go down
Hypa-Link
Admin
Hypa-Link

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Except my two mains Link and Ganon, sucked at wave dashing, and were middle low tier.

Mad

And my dad uses Metaknight. LOL, i always knew that little biotch had some cheapness to him.
Back to top Go down
SamaT

SamaT

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Man i can't help it...i love metaknight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion   Super Smash Bros. Discussion - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. Discussion
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4